The Charter Oak Radio Society will be holding a Technician Class License Course starting on Saturday from Feb, 04, 2017, and running for 10 weeks, until April 08, 2017. The class will be from 12 noon until 3pm. Bring your own lunch or snacks. The class will be held at the Rev. John Fleming Hall, located at 2533 Main Street, Glastonbury CT. The class size is limited to 15 students on a first come first serve. Preregistration is required. Registration can be by sending email to email@example.com .
Students are responsible to get the current technician class license class manual (Version 3rd edition) http://www.arrl.org/shop/ARRL-Ham-Radio-License-Manual-3rd-Edition/?page=1 from the ARRL (American Radio Relay League). Students should read the first 2 chapters prior to the first class.
- The Charter Oak Radio Society has canceled the CW class. This class was canceled due to lack of interest. There was only one person who signed up for the class, even through many people expressed interested in a CW class. The CW Instructor team does encourage people to learn CW; there are links to learning CW on the links page. Also if you know of anyone interested in a Technician Class the same thing send a email.
- The Charter Oak Radio Society is in the process of developing a Morse Code Training Course. This course will consist of, Classroom time, On the Air training, and on-line training. As this course is developed the content will be published here, The Society hopes, that you enjoy this course. When the course is fully developed, by the education team, the syllabus will be posted. Hope you will join us
- The Charter Oak Radio Society is proud to announce that the ARRL General Class Power Point Presentation is now available for ARRL registered Instructors to download. It can be found on the Instructors Resource page, of the ARRL web site. Instructors click on the following link to locate this Power Point Presentation. (General Class PPT) Look for the Charter Oak Radio Society announcement.
- The Charter Oak Radio Society has put up a link for anyone interested in a basic electronics course online. please go to the Elmer/mentors page and go to the basic Electronics course and follow the link.
- The Charter Oak Radio Society, as a public service, republishes the CT. Section news unedited. This can be found in the Members News section.